This past Wednesday was crazy busy for me. With an active toddler (or is she considered a pre-schooler now?) my schedule is only going to get fuller.
I consulted one of my (many-I'm very lucky in that regard) spiritual teachers. I realized as I read all of her answers (to my many questions) that I was going to be somewhat on my own....she was kicking baby bird out of the nest, so to speak. "Huh," I thought, "that's going to be really scary."
But it's not. really. Just trusting myself enough to trust myself is the scary part. I'm not really scared. I don't think.....
She helped me realize that I've been coming into "my own" for a little while now. I guess I held myself away from noticing because "I couldn't POSSIBLY" be....I don't know....at a level to start acknowledging my own talents/gifts/abilities....
I never thought I could. Oops.
That was holding me back. Now I feel like, as long as I can acknowledge it's HERE, I can develop it. I can use it. I can love it!
As I sat watching my daughter's tumbling class, I pondered the youth and vitality that was displayed below me on the practice mats. I hear all sorts of little voices saying "I can't" "help me." Mine started it, and then just decided she wasn't going to accept it. She went and tried another excersize (the teacher wasn't necessarily thrilled with that), came back to the one she was having trouble with and then succeeded! She listened to those little voices for a minute, then chose to discount them. Freakin' awesome.
My wish for myself is to discount the little voices.
My wish for my daughter is that she remembers to discount those little voices, and continue blazing her way through life. (oh yeah, my other wish is to be able to keep up with her!)
So. I've acknowledged these things that have been "with me" for a while, but I haven't been brave enough to "see" them:
*Seeing what some might call an aura, what I call "the swirly colors" (no one EVER said I had to accept the name that everyone else uses)
*Smelling smells that are maybe just a little bit on the "other side" (thanks, dad)
*Spirits showing me things through electronic devices (again, thanks, dad)
*strongly feelings the emotions of other people, or the lingering emotions of a place
*dream intuition/interpretation
*waking dreams
My assignemts for myself:
*learn how to communicate with my guides and practice
*meditate meditate meditate. experiment with different kinds of meditation
*find a deck of oracle or tarot cards that calls to me
*continue to find balance in my life, and help Linden know from a young age that balance is good
*continue on the path that recently chose me....
*cultivate love and heart-full-ness in my home
*listen to and accept myself.
oh yeah.....frickin' RELAX!
;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Girl? How righteous are YOU??? So totally, absolutely and completely freakin' awesome. Glad we get to be a part of your world! Thanks for letting us in :)
ReplyDelete~S
Squee! (OMG, I can't believe I just made such a girlie noise.) LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're here!!
You're a riot... glad I'm here too :)xxxooo
ReplyDelete