Well, I "met" my spirit guide tonight.
I checked out Sylvia Browne's book on spirit guides today, and finished it in about an hour. I decided to try one of the simple meditations in the back that open you up to contacting your guide (I haven't tackled the cd yet, there's a whole long one that I'd like to try).
Before I meditated, though, I decided to fix my tea. As I started preparing it, it felt like the whole room tilted side to side. One way, and then back. I got so disoriented. (I thought guides were supposed to be patient, c'mon now) I "saw" a taller than me dark (native american? male with hair to his shoulders) I told the energy I felt in the room with me that I would like to finish fixing my tea, then we would talk. And I would surely have to be sitting or laying if he was going to be tilting the room again.
As I sat down, I wondered to myself "I wonder what his na--" GAVIN popped into my head. Um, ok...GAVIN. Hey, that's not a very "Indian" name.
hmmm.....here we go with the meditation.
Imagine yourself sitting on the beach, warm sun shining on your face and shoulders. Feel your toes dig into the pleasantly warm (not offensively hot) sand. Feel all of your worries and rushing and troubles drift out into the ocean and get pulled away in the tide. Envision a soft white protective cocoon of light surrounding you. (by this time, I had to lay down because I noticed for the first time there is a light in the kitchen that was shining directly into my eyes, though they're closed.) I am veeery relaxed at this point, almost to the tingle point. I lay down on the couch and get comfy with my ankles resting on the arm of the couch and my feet sticking off like I always do when I'm trying to relax. I relax further and the crown of my head starts tingling. Room is shifting again. I'm walking on the beach. Gavin is walking along beside me. We are both wearing these really comfy white robes(?) The sea breezes are blowing softly and are so soothing. I can hear and feel the crash of the waves.
We are not talking, but I am sending my tentative questions to him. He sends me feelings rather than answers. Just to make sure (because I'm a teeeeeny bit hard-headed sometimes) I ask "Is it really you? Are you my spirit guide?" I hear (my physical me) a loud POP from the kitchen. OK. Point taken. And just to proooove my guide has a sense of humor, I can now feel the stupid light that I laid down to avoid shining right in my eyes again. FINE. FINE. I get it. LOL Thanks. And thank you, Great Spirit for sending me a guide with smartass tendencies. 'Preciate it.
We walk along the beach for a while, and I realize we are walking along a lightly wooded packed-dirt path. Soft sun is flitering down. We come to a rustic structure. A gazebo maybe? We sit and face each other. I ask about my dad. I get warm tingles and relax deeply. Point taken. I ask if dad comes to me and communicates. I didn't think guides were supposed to laugh, but he seemed to do just that. OF COURSE! Ok. I knew that. I began to get a bad headache. I asked him to ease up on the messages just a little because I'm not practiced in listening. (duh, even my physical self) And I felt a breeze and I "woke up".
I'm still very relaxed. I wanted to type this out because I know if I try to write, I won't be able to come back and read my own handwriting. And this seems important.
I wonder what kind of dreams I'll have tonight.....
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment